We support the Young Women’s Leadership Academy (YWLA), in partnership with the Fort Worth Independent School District.
Girls in grades 6 through 12 engage in a challenging STEAM-focused curriculum that emphasizes Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math. Career strands include bio-mechanical engineering and integrated digital media and animation. Accelerated coursework, field-based exploration and personalized academic and college counseling support smooth transitions from middle school to high school, and beyond to college and career.
Named “Exemplary” campus by Texas Education Agency with 6 distinctions for academic performance in 2014
2014-15 STAAR Scores
7 Academic Distinctions | Ranked in Top 2% of Texas Schools
To view a specific score, move your mouse over a bar or tap a bar.
To develop the full potential of every girl by fostering an educational environment that encourages critical thinking, inspires student confidence, and nurtures both the intellectual and social development necessary to graduate college and become successful women leaders in the global community
Unique Public-Private Partnership
- Fort Worth Independent School District
- Foundation for the Young Women’s Leadership Academy of Fort Worth
- Young Women’s Preparatory Network
Downtown Fort Worth with a digital animation lab, state-of-the-art science labs, music and choral halls, art studios, contemporary classrooms, and wireless hotspots
- College Readiness
- Responsible Leadership
- Wellness Life Skills
FWISD Gold Seal School
Rigorous courses, based on student interests and the needs of the modern workplace, include the following:
- Real world applications to classroom lessons
- Internships and job shadowing through the District’s business partners
- College credit hours through dual credit
- Licensures and certifications
- Core instruction in math, science, English language arts and social studies
- Advanced Placement
Public School of Choice
Girls grades 6 through 12 within the FWISD may apply for this unique learning opportunity.
G.E.M.S. – Girls Excelling in Math and Science
- Committed to attending college
- Aspires to excel in math and science
- Desires to strengthen leadership abilities
- Willing to participate in community service projects and endeavors
- Effectively collaborates with peers
- Seeks educational opportunities beyond the classroom
- Committed to finding solutions to challenges adversely affecting young women